15th Annual Independence Day Celebration
Hard to believe that these Anthem Independence Day Celebrations that take place the day prior (July 3rd) have been going on for 15 years but it is true. The star of the show, the fireworks of course, will fly from the corner of Freedom Way and Anthem Way in typical fashion. However, that is not all. There is a variety of activities that precede the fireworks show including rides, a DJ, dancers, stilt walkers, food vendors and a beer garden.
Here is the schedule of activities.
3 p.m. – Anthem Skate Park closes
4 p.m. – Anthem Community Center closes. All cars must leave the parking lot by 5 p.m. as parking lot is the staging area for fireworks.
6 p.m. – Festivities begin of which you will want to arrive early for better parking.
9:25 p.m. – National Anthem
9:30 p.m. – Fireworks begin
10 p.m. – Event ends
Midnight – Traffic restrictions removed
Here are some insider tips provided by Anthem News.
- Buy all-you-can-ride bracelets in advance at the Anthem Community Center for $12. On sale until 5 p.m. Wednesday, July 2.
- Arrive early to find parking. Walk or carpool if possible.
- Bring water, not beer and wine. The Rotary Club will sell adult beverages in the beer garden. Alcohol is forbidden elsewhere.
- No personal fireworks or open flames allowed. The park’s built-in grills are OK to use.
- If you just want to see the fireworks, there are lots of great places for viewing. Check a road map against the road restrictions.
- The Outlets at Anthem provides an alternative viewing experience that begins with a sidewalk sale. Grab dinner at the food court and let the kids enjoy the playground until the light show begins. The view from the Outlets is great.